State-of-the-art manufacturing process
Combination of modern and technologically advanced steel rolling processes
- Merchant bar mill (MBM) commenced commercial operations during the last quarter of 2009.
- Currently, merchant bar mill produces flats, angles, channels, rounds, squares, and rebars.
- MBM capacity stands at 300,000 MT per annum, with capacity utilization rising from 6.0% in 2009 to 40.0% in 2015.
- Additionally, production volumes at merchant bar mill grew strong at a CAGR of 15.7% between 2010 and 2015, on account of investment spending across the GCC.
- With the introduction of rebars in Q3 2015, the share of MBM revenue in total revenue grew to 38.9% (9M 2016) from 34.3% in 2012.
- Merchant bar mill products are mainly sold in Oman and other GCC countries, and the management is currently assessing the entry into the US markets.
- Currently, MBM employs around 169 employees.
- MBM confronts to strict quality control systems including:
- Mill Inspection: Dimensional Verification, Surface Inspection
- Mechanical Testing: Tensile Testing using UTN-60 Tensile Testing Machine
- Other Chemical and Metallographic testing takes place to ensure rigid quality control procedures
- MBM business is expected to offer significant growth potential.
- Rebars (from Q3 2015)
- Oman, GCC and Exports
- Angles and Flat bars: 40 to 100 mm
- Channels : 75 to 100 mm
- Rounds: 16 to 50 mm
- Squares: 12 to 50 mm
- Rebars: 8 to 30 mm
- Length: 6 to 12 meter